Relationship in the first few months is one of the most beautiful experiences a couple could have, as it is the onset to all new discoveries the couple makes in their journey of being together. Though forever is too early to propose or propel, putting the best efforts to nurture this new found happiness and the idea of it to last helps the couple either to grow in or out of love. And that’s where my 6 things to do in the first 6 months of a relationship comes into play. It isn’t a survival tip or a guaranteed method to ensure a long term commitment, but it surely would make it easier for two people in love to understand each other a little better.
6. INDULGE IN EACH-OTHERS HOBBIES Hobbies reflect a lot about a person’s interest, enthusiasm and pursuit, thus spending time in indulging in each-others hobbies would make a pair in love acknowledge mutuality if any (or) have an exciting time together. Going to her favorite pottery class or taking a ride together, sharing hobbies brings in a ride of passion, spontaneity, appreciation, compromise, affection and intimacy.
5. LET’EM TAKE THE LEAD IN THE BEST/WORST SITUATION Extreme situations best/worst brings out the deep gutted raw emotions in people which is mostly unintentionally hidden otherwise. And in these situation letting them take the charge is a very challenging yet worthy move in building trust. It also would show a clear picture of how your partner would react to and in certain circumstances helping you as a couple to cope up to extremities in future. And if they do something horribly wrong, working things out or running as fast as you can in the opposite direction (just kidding) can also be preferred as an option.
4. DO A SAME THING EVERYDAY Sounds strange, aren’t couple suppose to try new things ? Indeed but the idea of repetition kills many a relation, and this is exactly how we would tackle it. Uncertainty is very certain in a relationship thus having an exact same thing to do each day but in different ways may help a couple understand the obviousness of being in a routine and also to deepen their bond throughout it. It may be going for jogging daily or having at least one meal a day together. And even if you miss a day, you may end up missing each other along the trail.
3. TAKE TIME AWAY FROM EACH OTHER It may seem like a piece of cake but in the beginning of a relationship couples tend to spend a lot of time together kicking that “me time/time apart” out of the window. Being inseparable is synonymous to a healthy relationship which is in fact not. Having time apart of each other helps a couple to grow as individuals, to set unrelated futuristic goals and to make initiatives towards achieving those or it may simply help a pair to relax and sometimes figure out what they really want from the relationship.
2. RUN ERRANDS TOGETHER Why you ask? Why not I say? Isn’t being in love invested in the idea of being responsible to and for each other. Then what is the simplest, frustrating and exhaustive thing to do- you guessed it right running errands. Having fun doing fun activities is uncomplicated, but doing stuff you otherwise hate, together and enjoying every bit of it is kind of exercising love in the most uncanny way. So hop in to run that errand you have been postponing for days with your partner and enjoy each and every little pieces of it.
1. SAY NO TO GIFTS Gifts are pretty harmless but in the first six months are not as essential as well. Gifts might bring expectations to either giving or receiving something better to top the last one, competing in giving the best gift ever, gifting just for the sake of it or gifting either to apologize or to ask for a favor. And at times when rediscovering self while discovering each other is of great importance, gifts are better off for just special occasions . So say no to those gifts and yes to cheesy romantic love.
Every couple has their own unique journey and a unique story to tell, beyond any tips, tricks, tools and tales lies the fact that together they grow. And how well they seek each other for it determines the beauty, the struggles and the destiny of their journey . As of all those who need a little bit of help in those first 6 months, to you I say- Your Welcome(wink wink).